Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Into Thinner Air....

7 Days 

Everest Trek to End Trafficking 



We are now climbing into thinner air... Our trek will continue to Tengboche (12,664ft ~ 5 hours). The trek continues along the rushing glacial waters of the Dudh Koshi with magnificent views of the Himalayas mountains. Our group will have the incredible opportunity to visit a Buddhist monastery and observe a prayer ceremony. At this I will take all the prayers I can get. ;-) 

The small village of Tengboche sitting  at 12,664 feet will give us total elevation gain of 2,881 feet from the night before. As we wind our way around the valley the mountain of Ama Dablam which sits at (22,349 ft.) will come in and out of view, as well as the Everest mountain range further out in the distance.

I'm sure at this point of our trek my body will start feeling just a touch of altitude. The highest I have climbed was Quandary Peak in Colorado (14,271ft.)  Once I start getting over that 15,000ft I may have some affect in my sleeping. So acclimation to these villages will be much needed. We still have another 6,000+ft. to climb to our highest point on the trek. Everyday of this trek gets more exciting and the views just simply get more beautiful! 





















No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Stretch...

                                                  The Final Stretch!!  I now have solid internet back at the home front... so I want to comp...