Wednesday, November 10, 2021

One day closer Everest Base Camp

    One Day Closer To Everest


This has been a wild and crazy journey… everyday seems more dramatic and beautiful. Won’t lie it’s also gets tougher as we continue to hike higher and higher. The sky seems to be a deeper “bluer”. My guess is less pollution at these altitudes. 

So we left Tengbouche yesterday morning. I woke up at 5 and the room (no heat) I could see my breath and needed to start moving to get warm.  It’s was a chilly 30 degs. We had breakfast at 7am. I have been starting my mornings with ginger tea and a small breakfast. I also take my altitude meds along with my new friend of ibuprofen daily for some minor body aches. 



We hit the trail at 8am after we all stretch and go over our trek for the day. Spirts are high and everyone is ready. Our hike will take us over 2,200 ft of elevation gain. 


We cross more suspension bridges with amazing views. Our main snow capped mountain in view all day Ama Dablam. This mountain is just insane looking. We also are finding more Yaks along the trail. 




After 7 hours and 19 mins of hiking we made it to Dingboche. We are at 14,470ft. The highest I have ever been. We hiked for about 8 hours. We will be here all day today to acclimate. We have a hike today to over 16,667 ft to help with acclimatization. Everest base camp is getting closer. Sunday is the day! The entire team has been doing great. It’s been a very slow and steady trek up into the mountains.






 The landscape has changed dramatically. There are no more trees. It’s just rocks and open valleys. The daytime temps have been in the 40’s. Clear blue sunny skies. The sun has been harsh at these altitudes. Lots of sunscreen and keeping covered up. 




The nights have been in the low 30’s. There are no heat in the tea huts rooms. I have been sleeping with a hat, gloves and jacket to keep warm. I can see my breath thru the night. Hot ginger tea has been a must. lol Sleeping has been shorter as we continue to climb. Over all my body has been feeling pretty good. 

Some simple stats so far…

I have hiked 30.2 miles so far. We ascend 10,796 ft. Descent has been at 5,855 ft. 

Time to get ready for today’s hike! Only getting higher…Thanks for following me on this journey! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Stretch...

                                                  The Final Stretch!!  I now have solid internet back at the home front... so I want to comp...