Saturday, November 6, 2021

Lukla arrival!

Our flight to Lukla!!


Arrived in Lukla! 


We left Kathmandu at 4:30 this morning to catch our 6:15 flight out. 35 mins later we were flying into the mountain valley. 






No words or pictures can explain the feelings or emotions flying into Lukla this morning. What a adrenaline rush! Flying past the snow capped Himalaya mountains during sunrise. Going past massive waterfalls along with suspension bridges. Oh my what a thrill! 


Landing here was just EPIC! As the plane touched down our group irrupted cheers, tears and clapping. Our team is now a family that has bonded in just less than 48 hours after meeting. 




After we landed we enjoyed a incredible breakfast with tea. We spent the morning and early afternoon acclimating to the 9,200 elevation. We are about to start our 5 hour hike to our next village to spend the night. The suspension bridges are next! 



Part II of our day to Phakding


Today I have to admit… I got emotional. Hiking today included some absolutely breathtaking views as we heading to Phakding today. Over suspension bridges and so much more. 





Now here’s the emotional park of the day. 

As you know this trek is raising the awareness and fight human trafficking. We read about it… hear about it on the news and more. 

These girls are being trafficked at such a young age. 



Well…. Before I left my daughters wanted to make bracelets for the young children here in Nepal. As I passed thru these some villages today I passed out and talked to these children. Their faces lite up and smiled as they picked out which one they liked. I showed them the picture of my daughters Chloe and Brianna that made them. Well I will just let you enjoy the pictures of them today. ❤️








I’m still working on my fundraising to help these victims who are affected by trafficking. If you can please consider donating to this Everest trek. 

WiFi has been pretty weak as we continue to climb. I will continue to update my journey to Everest! Please visit “Give to the cause” or thru my website. Thank you so much for your support and love  πŸ™πŸΌπŸ™πŸΌ


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Stretch...

                                                  The Final Stretch!!  I now have solid internet back at the home front... so I want to comp...