Sunday, October 24, 2021

The Beginning...

10 days 
Everest Trek to End Trafficking

In these short days left I have been wrapping on packing and making sure all the little (Big) things are ready. I mean I will only be 7500 miles from home. Half way around the world... No biggie right?? Hard to even think about that. A experience filled with memories and pictures that will last a lifetime!

Day 1:

On Nov 3rd I will be on bus from Madison to Chicago O'Hare (873ft) to take me non-stop to Doha the capital of Qatar (33ft). Our next flight is off to Katmandu, Nepal the capital city at (4,593 ft). We will arrive at Tribhuvan International Airport where we will meet our guides for   the first time. At this point I expect everyone in our group will be pretty tired with just a touch of Jet lag... From here will will need to get our visas.

We will then spend the next day touring and visiting areas of Katmandu. We will be touring Durbar Square, Pashupatinath Temple, Swayambhunath Stupa and Bouddhanath Stupa which are all UNESCO world heritage sites. We will also be closing out the evening by spending some time in the red light district to try and grasp the Trafficking district.

 

Life in the streets of Nepal



4 comments:

The Final Stretch...

                                                  The Final Stretch!!  I now have solid internet back at the home front... so I want to comp...