Monday, November 8, 2021

One step at a time

One step at a time…


Early morning alarm goes off at 5:45am to get ready for breakfast at 6:30am. The tea house was cold and cozy. Cold… no heat in my room. Shower was just warm / cold. Haha 




We get ready for hike to Namche Bazaar which is 8 hours away. Our elevation change we will ascend to 3600ft. 

We do a little stretch and head off. 





We trek along the river with magnificent views of the snow cap mountains are just breathtaking. We pass thru many little villages and meet some many wonderful people. The children are so precious and kind. 





We cross 3 amazing suspension bridges along the way. We also cross the world famous Hillary Step bridge as seen from the movie “Everest” 






This came the hardest part of the hike yesterday. The hike was straight up and slow and steady. 





After 8.5 hours we arrive in Namche Bazaar at 4:34pm. 





The views are just incredible here…. Its the largest village that we have been to since we started. I’m hoping and praying that we have clear skies tonight as I want to do some nighttime milkyway images. 


Enjoy my journey as I take you thru the Himalaya Mountains as we trek to Everest

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Stretch...

                                                  The Final Stretch!!  I now have solid internet back at the home front... so I want to comp...